We are open for in-person classes…
You MUST pre-register for classes on your Mind Body account. If you do not have one, please make one so you can pay and reserve on-line. This will make for a “touchless” entry upon arrival to Evolve. You can keep track of your classes from there as well.
I know everyone feels differently about wearing masks in yoga but hopefully we will all look back on this time and remember it as a short inconvenience and a small price to pay for the health and safety of our fellow students and community.
Masks play a big roll in protecting you and others from contracting the virus. Your heart rate may be a little higher when wearing a mask according to the New York Times. Lightheadedness can come from a lack of oxygen and anxiety while exercising, even without a mask, practice letting go of expectations and honor yourself by coming down to child’s pose more often if this is an issue for you. Here is a bit about my first couple of sessions with a mask…
At first it was difficult to get used to. It felt funny to have something affecting my breath (as well as my vision), but I actually got used to it! At one point it stopped “bothering” me and became part of the practice. The most challenging part for me was as a teacher — to speak, breathe, and do the physical poses while teaching a flow class in-person and on Zoom, something students don’t even need to worry about! And for the first time in many months, I think that this will be a safe way to practice yoga indoors and with our beautiful community.
All of the classes will be on Zoom so that option remains.
– Namaste, Cinda
• Class sizes will be limited, especially the faster-paced classes. Vinyasa’s and SlowFlow’s will be limited to 9 students plus the teacher. This gives us at least 6 feet apart from each other. Quieter classes like Gentle and Yin will be limited to 12.
• Typically hotter classes will now be cooler than usual as we will not be using the portable heaters or high temperatures on the main furnace.
• We have special cleaning procedures we have implemented, including an OSHA approved procedure that also included antimicrobial coating that kills Covid-19 as well as 99.99% of other viruses, molds, mildew and allergens. It is odorless and safe. It is the same procedure hospitals are using.
• No props (mats, blocks, blankets, straps) so if you need any, I’m sure you’re familiar with the term “Amazon” 😉 I also have some new Jade mats for sale at the studio.
• Any one who suffers from chronic health conditions or is immunocompromised should ask a doctor for advice about attending yoga with a face mask. This especially goes for respiratory conditions such as COPD, asthma, and emphysema.
Please do NOT come to the studio if you have any of these symptoms that are not caused by another condition:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Within the past 14 days, have you had contact with anyone that you know had COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms? Contact is being 6 feet (2 meters) or closer for more than 15 minutes with a person, or having direct contact with fluids from a person with COVID-19 (for example, being coughed or sneezed on).
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days?
- Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?